Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Delinquent Blogger

I've been very delinquent in updating but am trying to catch up with a few posts so here we go...

We are now only 5 weeks away from the due date! I continue to negotiate with baby Ko in the hopes that she will come a few weeks early with a relatively small head and narrow shoulders. Gestational diabetes hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. This is, of course, because I cheat. The best example to date is the dinner I had a Boulevard this past Friday. Cheating has never been quite so delicious...

Boulevard
Restaurant Review - Positive
Cuisine: French

1 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
(415) 543-6084 Reserve Online
www.boulevardrestaurant.com


Hours:
* Mon-Fri 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
* Mon-Wed, Sun 5:30 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
* Thu-Sat 5:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m.

Website: http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/
Address: 1 Mission Street San Francisco, CA 94105
Telephone: 415.543.6084

What we ate:
Foie Gras with toast and currant sauce
Hamachi Sashimi with Daikon Salad
Roasted Veal Filet with Sauteed Shrimp
Wood Oven Roasted Iowa Berkshire Prime Rib Pork Chop with Butternut Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Quince
Chocolate Medley Dessert
Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches with Chocolate Fondue and Berries
Lychee Juice with Club Soda

My overall assessment of Boulevard, while positive, is that it wasn't really amazing. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. Comparing it to a restaurant we recently went to and loved, Quince, Boulevard didn't give us more than what we expected: great ambience and solid food but no surprises. I didn't feel like doing cartwheels after I ate dinner like I did at Quince when I tasted their pesto sauce. It was to die for. I was full and happy with the meal from Boulevard but I didn't feel any exclamation points.
IMG_0387.JPG

The one exclamation point I felt was after I cheated and ate a Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich with chocolate fondue and found that my blood glucose level was low enough to warrant yet another serving of carbs! The company we ate with was great and the building is truly beautiful but I can't say that it was everything I hoped it would be. I have to say, though, cheating on this gestational diabetes diet was truly divine!

No comments: