Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First three weeks with Abby

I can't say I loved pregnancy. Too many complications. Too many dietary restrictions. Too many aches and pains. Motherhood is a totally different story. I finally get feedback on my efforts. When I pick Abby up, she stops crying. If I feed her, she looks full and content. Sometimes, she lets out a whine (or perhaps a ear-piercing scream) just because. And we respond. We sing her songs. We tell her how beautiful she is. She appreciatively stares back at us (or continues her ear-piercing scream). I love this feedback.



Little Abby is now three weeks old. We are almost exactly 30 years apart. I haven't even had time to reflect on the fact that I've turned 30 because things feel so busy all of the time. Luckily, Albert got 3 weeks of paternity leave. Some people ask how we do when we are together 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Albert and I do very well together in such a situation and it looks like Abby fits into the fold well too. We don't have a schedule but Albert takes lots of photos - duplicates upon duplicates.

No comments: